Senior Data Engineer | Cutting-Edge SaaS Product
If you are a Senior Data Engineer with experience, please read on!
My client is looking for a skilled data engineering practitioner, to join their tight-knit and charismatic product team, providing data solutions to several key SaaS platforms that are core to this tech business' main revenue stream. Although well established, the start-up vibe smacks you in the face when entering the office. Breakfast and some lunches provided, the team regularly gets out of the office for activities and sport, whether that be to the gym, soccer, basketball and many other social activities.
Buzzwords like ‘innovation’ and ‘collaboration’ are tossed around so much these days, however this environment truly provides you with both, as teamwork, thought leadership and expression of ideas are valued and discussed with intent. All championed by the teams lead and head of product who sets the tone for the hard working, fun environment that is loved and valued by its members.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide data focused design solutions to several core products that spans across the wider business
- Establish and contribute to Data Engineering best practice/principles and pipeline builds
- Develop functions and work in agile team environment consisting of UX Designers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers
- In-depth understanding of planning, delivery and operations of big data capabilities
- In-depth understanding of batch, streaming and interactive data architectures and technologies
- Follow existing SDLC best practice and policies
- Obtain, manage and clean all of the high-quality data
What You Need for this Position
- A good bubbly character and growth mindset (No dickhead policy applies - This is no joke, read on https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/dickheads-what-all-blacks-can-teach-us-building-high-tess-sloane )
- Strong foundational programming skills in Python, Scala and SQL
- Experience with modern Cloud DW tools such as Snowflake
- Experience with Real-time streaming technologies such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Experience with Data-Bricks and Elastic
- Additional cloud environment experience (AWS as bonus)
Intrigued? Apply with your updated CV to start the conversation