Sydney, Permanent position
Global Financial Services Client
Talenza’s global financial services client is recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join their Sydney based team. This is an exciting role where you will get to work in an fast paced environment on a global scale with a busy pipe line of projects. As well as BAU and project work you will also get the opportunity to be involved with Systems Design and Architecture, a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer to really advance their skills to the next level.
- 2rd and 3rd level tech support, troubleshooting and fault rectification of high level technical issues related to systems and services
- Response for escalations on all desktop, network and server infrastructure service tickets to ensure service levels are maintained.
- Performing remote response and resolution of server, cloud, virtualisation and systems issues.
- Monitor and respond to end user client events, reported incidents and service requests (e.g. desktop, server, virtualisation and application) as they arise.
- Proactive identification and analysis of issues (including Severity 1 incidents, logs, analysis, and vendor alerts) and manage problem through to resolution.
- Act as a technical interface for end user client issues.
- Input into development and documentation of service management procedures and standards to ensure engineering best practices are maintained.
- Infrastructure project work
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Disaster recovery
- Systems design
- Install, configure and maintain infrastructure systems, patches and upgrades
- Monitoring and tuning of specific infrastructure
- Participation in after-hours on-call roster
- 3+ years in a systems engineer role with a minimum of 5 years in a technical role
- Technical background in Cloud, Servers, Networks, Virtualisation
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in project scope, timelines, and requirements
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Microsoft Server 2008/12/16
- Citrix XenApp/Desktop
- Vmware VCenter 5/6
- Office 365
- AWS exposure
- AD, DFS, DHCP, DNS
- Scripting and automation skills
- ITIL framework