Senior Cloud Systems Engineer - VMware
Daily Rate Contract
Talenza is recruiting a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer contractor to join the the Cloud Hosting Team of it's large financial services client. This team is responsible for building and maintaining the end-to-end lifecycle of Public and Private Cloud Platforms. This role will predominantly focus on Private Cloud (VMware).
- Strong knowledge of private & hybrid cloud infrastructure and ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis;
- Appreciation and experience in working with change management parameters and ITIL processes.
- Solid VMware vCenter 6.x and ESXi 6.x experience in relation to the following
- Administration and configuration of vCenter, hosts and virtual machines.
- Complex troubleshooting of issues with vCenter, hosts and virtual machines.
- Hardware configuration, troubleshooting and patching/updating (Dell and IBM blades).
- VMware patching (Update Manager).
- Solid knowledge of VM and host performance statistics, for troubleshooting of issues/ resource recommendations.
- Experience and comfort with dealing with vendors for collecting logs, logging support calls, and challenging their responses where appropriate.
- Ideally operated within complex program/project environments;
- Experience developing Infrastructure as a Code;
- Experience building applications for, and deploying to, public & private cloud infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting of issues in relation to VMware SSO domains and PSCs;
- Scripting (automation/reporting) against VMware, SQL, hardware.
In order to apply please click and submit your CV in word document format.