Network Security Engineer - One Year Fixed Term - Up to $160K/year (inclusive of superannuation)
The Network Security Engineer role will predominantly be an IT security operations role with a component of Security project work (60%/40%).
In this role, the Network Security Engineer will be responsible for the support of the production environment and to ensure that the appropriate security policies and practices are implemented and enforced.
- Review and ongoing network security management of routers, switches, firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, VPN, SSL, and other network component policies.
- Daily triage, update/resolution of tickets generated and assigned by ticketing system
- Respond to high priority incidents and follow through to closure
- Flag potential security vulnerabilities before they negatively impact the business
- Implement hardening of routers, switches, firewall configurations, change control, logging configuration and monitoring.
- Identify and understand configuration gaps in existing security technical controls by running periodic health checks with the view to remediate faulty and/or weak controls.
- Respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Coordinate and monitor log analysis to ensure policy and security requirements are met
- Extensive experience with network documentation
- Manage all interactions with the business and other parts of IT in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, while in a timely fashion keeping relevant stakeholders abreast of expectations, problem status and completion
- Managed SIEM integration of network devices
- Support Network Segmentation and Access Control activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in IT security operations and security projects
- Experience with network troubleshooting
- Experience working in a change driven environment
- Experience working with firewalls (preferably, Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls), routing, switching, IPS / IDS, VPN, Multi-factor Authentication, and Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Proxy (Symantec Bluecoat) & SSL Inspector, Network Segmentation & Access Control (forescout) & Cloud DPL (Symantec)
- Experience with incident response and event management
- Understanding of authentication, authorisation and auditing (AAA), particularly with integration of RADIUS, LDAP, TACAS, and Active Directory
- Understanding of Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks and mitigations
- Understanding of NAC and Network segmentation (Forescout)
- Understanding of best practises of ITSMs, particularly ITILv3.
- Be available for on-call
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience in collaboration with multiple business units and departments at different levels within an organisation
- Vendor liaison experience
- Experience with CIS and how to use it to harden platforms
- Understanding of, WIFI security