Security Systems Administrator - 1 Year Fixed Term - Up to $130K/year (incl)
The Security Systems Engineer role will predominantly be an IT security operations role with a component of Security Project work (60%/40%).
In this role, the Security Operations Engineer will be responsible for the support of the production environment and to ensure that the appropriate security policies and practices are implemented and enforced.
- Review and ongoing Security Management of endpoint protection and antivirus/malware, email gateway, and other related component policies.
- Daily triage, update/resolution of tickets generated and assigned by ticketing system
- Respond to high priority incidents and follow through to closure
- Flag potential security vulnerabilities before they negatively impact the business
- Ensure hardening, to CIS standards, is implemented for workstation SOEs, servers SOEs, remote access, email and web gateways and other related devices
- To perform periodic health checks of previously hardened endpoints, remote access setup, email and web gateway configurations, change control, logging configuration and monitoring and reporting any non-compliance issues including faulty controls to the Security Governance team
- Conduct periodic vulnerability testing, and lead remediation work
- Formulate systems and methodologies as well as respond to security related events and assist in remediation efforts
- Coordinate and monitor log analysis to ensure policy and security requirements are met
- Manage all interactions with the business and other parts of IT in a professional and courteous business manner with an emphasis on customer satisfaction, while in a timely fashion keeping relevant stakeholders abreast of expectations, problem status and completion
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working IT security operations and projects
- Experience working in a change driven environment
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and troubleshooting Endpoint Protection, particularly Symantec
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and troubleshooting Email Gateways & Vulnerability Scanners, particularly Symantec
- Experience deploying, configuring, managing and troubleshooting Vulnerability Scanners, particularly Symantec or Tenable
- Experience with incident response and event management, as well as triage
- Understanding of best practises of ITSMs, particularly ITILv3.
- Be available for on-call
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience in collaboration with multiple business units and departments at different levels within an organisation
- Vendor liaison experience
- Health sector experience
- Experience with BYOD and associated hardening
- Previous experience or knowledge of the IT service platform, ServiceNow, is desirable.