Security Analyst - One Year Fixed Term - Up to $100K/year (inclusive of superannuation)
We are looking for a passionate technical security specialists who will be responsible for operational security activities along with threat detection & response.
Your main day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Proactively hunt for threats within the technology environment.
- Working with our Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) to tune security monitoring and reporting capabilities.
- Investigating and responding to security incidents.
- To provide assistance during technical forensics investigations that require cyber security expertise.
- Identifying operational security risks and work with the IT operations team, providing guidance for implementing security risk mitigation activities.
- Recommending improvements to the security technology environment.
- Assisting with deployment of new security platforms.
- Monitoring emerging security technologies, issues and directions.
Are you passionate about cyber security? Have you worked as a penetration tester or security analyst and wish to expand your responsibilities? In addition, other key attributes that define your profile:
- Deep understanding of network protocols and network security
- Good knowledge of operating systems such as Unix, Windows
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages
- Committed to staying up to date on the latest cyber threats by attending a number of industry forums.
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Provide mentorship to IT engineering and IT operations staff on security related improvement activities.
- Communicates effectively, builds positive relationships at various levels and across business units, and understand business imperatives.
- A minimum of three years of IT experience in a technical security role.
- A bachelor's degree in information systems, information security or equivalent work experience.
- In possession of technical security certifications such as GCIH, GCIA, GPEN, OSCP.
- Broad authority of knowledge in general cyber security disciplines.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with SIEM, Vulnerability Scanners (Symantec Experience Preferred)
If you are and you believe you meet these criteria, please apply for the position.