A leading IT Services organisation is hiring for an additional Guidewire developer to join the team. The Guidewire Configuration Developer will have a thorough understanding of Guidewire products with a specific skill set in Billing Center. This role will design, develop, make program and/or configuration changes to deliver business functionality within Guidewire Billing Center.
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of experience with Guidewire applications with 2+years development in Billing Center and/or Policy Center.
- 8+ years of experience as a developer with experience of design and ideally team leading.
- An understanding of the insurance business, an ability to talk to business analysts and SMEs in order to translate business requirements into system changes.
- A full understanding of the GW product suite and the frameworks/options available for development.
- Knowledge in configuration and coding using Guidewire tools and accelerators, Guidewire Batch, and Guidewire predefined plugins.
- Experience in configuration of screen layouts, including creation of new screens, enhancements to others and XML file changes.
- Database definition and design at the application level
- Experience relating to screen-related changes, changes to wizards, workflows, validation rules, and Business rules.
- Definition, design and configuration of the company structure (single or multiple internal companies, organisation structure, regions, branches, users, roles, permissions, producer codes).
- Ability to solve business needs/requirements with creative use of out of the box functionality.
- A strong Gosu and Java background as well as utilisation of Guidewire Studio required.
- Must have experience using Java and J2EE.
- Highly proficient in SQL (T-SQL or PL/SQL).
- Experience writing SQL Queries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Leading Australian insurance organisation
- Highly competitive salary package
- Sydney CBD location
- High probability of extension