Talenza have partnered with a firm that provides novel and ethical software, AI and applied science solutions to complex real-world problems – all of which benefit from a strong information and cyber security framework.
We are searching for an active NV2 cleared Senior Experimentation and Software Engineers to design, abstract, and develop software solutions to solve complex problems. This companies software aspires to be performant, testable, and scalable limiting technical debt over time.
As a Senior Experimentation and Software Engineers you will be responsible for leading development, integration and engineering efforts for experimentation and software development projects. ou will be fearless in your approach to trying new ideas, technologies, processes and expanding your horizons to different disciplines, domains, and applications. You will champion iterative and agile development and the fail fast, learn and pivot fast culture. You will lead and instil a culture of professional development and engineering excellence in the people that they work and collaborate with.
You will be provided an environment to excel - with funded professional development, the flexibility and support to develop ideas, new services and products. You are encouraged, and it is expected that you will shape the future of organisation. You will also be given development opportunities with the internal hackathon events.
- Lead the technical design and abstraction of software products across a team of developers
- Coordinate technical projects and provide leadership to team members
- Drive an inclusive culture within and external to team
- Own issues, drive and coordinate to meet delivery timescales/milestones.
- Write secure, well-tested, performant and quality code that covers unit, system, and integration testing.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Actively collaborate with product owners, stakeholders, technical specialists and other teams to achieve effective and speedy development
- Identify opportunities for improvement in software development, engineering, security and testing approaches, processes and tools.
- Share expertise and provide technical advice and guidance to others, including other teams and staff within the organisation.
- Develop specialist knowledge in relevant programming languages, tools, techniques and apply expertise and knowledge to deliver effective solutions.
- Identify learning opportunities for skill gaps and future technologies.
- Participate and champion Agile and Lean Startup approaches for problem/product refinement and solution delivery with customers and across teams.
- Collaborate and be an active participant (and leader where appropriate) in x experimentation projects and hackathons across the company.
- Pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role and values of the company.
- Must be able to maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance at NV2 or above.
- Active NV2 Clearance or higher
Solution design experience in building complex software systems.
High degree of skills and experience in development, integration and software testing in one or more of the following programming languages including C, C++, Python, Java, C#, Rust, Go and Scala.
Experience developing code using code management platforms such as Gitlab, GitHub or the Atlassian suite using Gitflow, or similar branching strategies.
Experience with continuous integration or continuous deployment and their associated practices.
Experience with secure software development practices, container and automation technologies
Experience with development of software and software artefacts in classified environments
Formal Software engineering, computer science or information technology tertiary qualifications
Be confident liaising with technical and non-technical customers in Government, academic and commercial consultancy environment.
For more information you can reach out to Chelsey on chelsey @ talenza dot com dot au.