Talenza have partnered with a platform as a service business in Brisbane on the search and selection of a DevOps Engineer to analyse and help improve their services and processes to get them to an even higher level of availability, scalability, and reliability.
If you are looking for a stable role in an industry that is rapidly growing, join this industry leader and award winning business. As a fully distributed business, you have the choice to work in their state of the art offices or 100% remote- whichever suits you best. You'll join a team of passionate and talented engineers right up to the CTO. They champion diversity and have created a highly collaborative and social culture. They strive to create a sense of belonging, where you can see how you directly impact the business.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be working on a platform that has 100's of cloud-based services that serve nearly 4 billion requests a month. You'll be working on both non-production and production environments, configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, observability and reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation.
You'll need to be a collaborator who can work with, and appreciate the perspective of all parts of the business to deliver exceptional solutions for their customers. You'll have a customer-centric approach and has a willingness to be creative and innovative in solving problems. You are passionate about building reliable services and enjoy systems engineering whilst keeping on top of industry trends (particularly those related to reliability & scale).
- Extensive hands-on experience with AWS: EC2, ECS, Load Balancing, Lambda, RDS, Route 53, S3, SQS, VPC.
- Extensive experience in pipeline automation tools (Buildkite, Code Deploy, others) - we don't want you doing repetitive work!
- Software development in PHP
- A humble but confident vibe, with curiosity and motivation to do great things.
- Experience monitoring distributed systems application architectures.
- Serious troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Distributed version control internals (Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible or Puppet
Bonus points if you have:
- Expertise in Ruby, Perl
- Experience with other cloud platforms
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience troubleshooting a continuous integration pipeline
- A clear head in pressurised situations
- Experience with networking, WAF, Firewalls, CDN
What's in it for you?
- You'll be given the tools, time & space to experiment and deliver the highest quality products to their customers while finding the right balance of the delivery of business goals and technical excellence.
- A motivated, passionate and diverse team of engineers who are great at what they do.
- Mature processes and established DevOps culture.
- Regular social events such as a trip to Tangalooma this Christmas!
- You will have a direct impact on our bottom line and the ability to deliver improvements for their developers as well as their customers.
- You will become a subject matter expert in critical parts of the platform and have autonomy for the implementation of your work.
- State of the art offices equipped with open meeting areas, kitchens with espresso machines and beer on tap, balcony and BBQ area, and a games room to unwind after a big day.
- Minutes from the train station, our office is an ideal location for anyone looking for easy access to public transport!
- An employer with big focus on health and wellbeing with access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP), discounted health insurance with an affiliated provider and the flexibility to work from where you want, be that the office or home
- Fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, study leave for conferences or courses to support learning & growth, team one-day build events as well as a free store to live out your entrepreneurial dreams, if you have them.
Reach out to chelsey on chelsey @ Talenza dot com dot au if you would like to hear more or apply within.